Thursday, June 16, 2022

POETIC WORLD BLOSSOMING: 6/12 - 6/19/2022

Note: Click on photos to enlarge & apologies. Looks fine on my laptop, but on my phone? Not so much. Can't figure it out ๐Ÿ˜’.

 
Cobalt 6/14/2022
I believe the adrenaline from Tuesday night's incredible session at the Cobalt is finally wearing off. So many tremendous expressions to stir your inner soup! Don't take my word for it. You can check out the video:   https://www.facebook.com/RickPoet/videos/740084943802643. I appear at 32:33 of the video, but I'm hoping you'll check out the other expressions. 

Lynda V. Crawford
I think you especially don't want to miss Sandy Yannone's reading. I was moved by quite a few, but was absolutely blown away by Sandy's expressions (2:29:25 of video). Her Requiem for Orlando (in Glass Poetry Press) should get equal air time to every sick slaughter we're media fed, and her Untitled piece is a gem! Both gave me chills. I feel a tad odd highlighting one artist here, because so many (Lynda V. Crawford, Julian Matthews, Dayna Leslie Hodges among others) offered expressions worthy of highlighting. Time, space, energy- my limitations ๐Ÿ˜’.

Anyway, I'm sure the adrenalin will be barreling through my system again tonight (Thur. 8pm MDT) as I join host Katerina Canyon and others as the feature reader in the intimate space of Canyon Poets (Register here: https://www.poetickat.com/.../the-canyon-poets-feature-t...).

The overload of adrenalin is likely to continue through the weekend because I've also accepted the generous offer of host James Borders to do the same on Sunday (4:30pm MDT) with the Peripatetic Poets (https://www.facebook.com/2020andforward/).

Martina McGowan's latest
As I mentioned on FB, even if you don't care to make either of the above, for a reading overflowing with poetic talent, you'll want to check out Cultivating Voices (CV) on Sunday afternoon (1pm MDT)! Every single one of the featured poets (Rawle Iam James, Martina McGowan, Teresa E. Gallion, Michael Anthony Ingram, and Dee Allen) presenting on CV this Sunday fills the virtual room with ferocious energy, and I'm hoping host Sandy Yannone-who, as noted above, lit up the room at Cobalt on Tuesday- will add her voice to the mix.

Image courtesy of depositphotos.com
I'm torn about attending Sunday's event myself. Missing the expressions of these tremendous artists will be a loss for me in one sense. Yet, my perspective and stance on "race-based" themes and social celebrations in general make it difficult for me to join the mix. Sunday's theme at CV is Juneteenth, an important celebration for those who identify as African American, and if you believe in celebrating, perhaps an important celebration for all people.

But that's my struggle. Perhaps my desire to support and absorb the work of the talented feature readers will override my perspective and value system. Most likely, I won't know until Sunday. Unless you're a fringe-dwelling freak (can't help my affinity for alliteration) like me, you'll probably be thrilled with Sunday's fare.

TSR Issue 59
Oh! There's no way I can post this without mentioning The Sailor's Review, and not just because one of my pieces appears in it. You can skip my portion altogether and you would be greatly enriched by TSR's vibrant pages. Ok, gotta go get ready for Canyon Poets tonight. I'll be ready Kat!


2 comments:

  1. Very nicely done๐Ÿ™What a wonderful experience it was to enjoy your feature performance as well as so many other talents on this last Cobalt event! Looking forward to the upcoming poetry events and thank you for this beautiful right up and the acknowledgment expressed here๐Ÿ™

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would agree if I could fix the silly formatting ๐Ÿ˜”. Thanks for being an integral part!

      Delete

JUST A FEW POETRY X HUNGER 2023 HIGHLIGHTS

  Note: Please click on photos for enhanced viewing Well, 2023 has been quite the year for Poetry X Hunger and its poets! I don’t have what...