Tuesday, August 16, 2022

BIG DAYS...FOR ME ANYWAY

 Note: Please click on photos to enlarge for better viewing

A Fab Friday

Last Friday (8/12/2022) was big day. I Joined Chanson Antonio Byrd (@soulinkspeaks) Christpher T.George (@CThompsonGeorge) and Terri Rose Jertson (@INotFunniez) on episode 2 of Phynne-Belle’s (@Twitter Space podcast: BYOPC (Bring Your Own Poem Cover).
Phynne-Belle does it all
 Each guest brought and read a poem that touched them, and discussion of the pieces followed the readings. I brought Shawna Johnson’s Drains to the table, as it was one of the more moving pieces I encountered during the Stroll of Poets 30/30 Challenge this past April.

Linda & Renya Craig
Friday was also the final component of the Linda Anderson led Cartonera Workshop that I shared with several other artists and poets. After the presentation and selected readings from the Cartonera books we created, Elise Stuart, former poet laureate (2014 – 2017) of Grant County, New Mexico hosted a gathering at her enchanting home. Among the highlights of the gathering was the pedicure (maybe “puppycure” would be a better term) from Tomás, her adorable dachshund.

Every bit as exciting was Poetry Bread Presents host Sam Castello confirming that I’d be hosting the show on Monday, September 12. Poetry Bread Presents with Sam Castello happens every second Monday of the month, 10am Mountain time. It is a segment of Kindred Continuum on KURU 89.1 FM, streaming at GMCR.org.

Grace Cavalieri
This episode will revolve around four incredible poets, three of whom I refer to as “message poets,” because in addition to their mastery of their craft, they bring messages that I believe contribute to the enhancement of the human collective and condition. Small hint: These poets were interviewed and read their poetry a while back on Grace Cavalieri’s The Poet & The Poem, a podcast listed on the Library of Congress website.

Another Big Day

Saturday August 27, 2022 is HUGE on my calendar. Stephanie (6:30 – 8:30pm EDT) and I (9pm EDT) will both be “featuring” on that day. Stephanie Niles will be joining Molly Powell in delivering a New Moon Sound Healing session at Shiva Shala in Fort Myers, and I’ll be
co-featuring with Heidi Kasa at Saturday Night Special (SNS) on Zoom.

Mbonisi Zikhali Zomkhonto
As if that isn’t big enough, Mbonisi Mikhali Zomkhonto will be a featured reader at Poetry Street on The Road on the same day at 2pm EDT. Mbonisi may have featured somewhere else recently, and if so, I missed it. I won’t be missing his performance on the 27th. If you check out his reading on Cultivating Voices Live last Sunday (9:20 of video) you’ll know why.

Ok, that’s all I’ve got for now. Like Mobonisi might say, “Stay inspired!”

    


6 comments:

  1. Enriching days ahead of us🙏 Thank you for sharing your appreciative glances over your shoulder and the excitement ahead🧜‍♀️💖

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you anonymous Magic Mermaid 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow T. A., You and Stephanie. OMG, Yes, What a treat that's going to be,
    Looks like I'll be on zoom the whole day, starting off with coffee,
    2pm Poetry Street with features, Mbonisi Mikhali Zomkhonto. Pameletta Jones "The Ambassador of Peace", and Barbara Branco.
    To end my zoom day with you and Stephanie is Just what my heart needs. Great work on Liquid Sunshine. I wanted more, so I just had to rewind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, the 27th is a big day for quite a few of us. Thanks for the kudos on Liquid Sunshine! I appreciate your taking the time to mention it, not just once, but multiple times!🙏

      Delete
  4. Hi TA,
    Wow, You and Stephanie reading on the same date. That's going to be a real treat. I guess I will live on Zoom 8-27-22. First I'll have coffee before the 2pm Poetry Street featuring Zomkhonto, "The Ambassador of Peace" Pameletta Jones, and Barbara Branca. Stephanie at 6:30, T A at 9pm. I'm hyped with or without the coffee.

    By the way, outstanding work on "Liquid Sunshine". Great book of poems tightly threaded with the finest . I admit I had to pause the audio book on Chapter 13 Libra Love, to fan myself. I wanted more so I just had to rewind twice :-). Please give my regards to Kwantum Peakz. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again for your persistence Chip! Especially with all that's happening, it means a lot!🙏

      Delete

JUST A FEW POETRY X HUNGER 2023 HIGHLIGHTS

  Note: Please click on photos for enhanced viewing Well, 2023 has been quite the year for Poetry X Hunger and its poets! I don’t have what...