Tuesday, May 31, 2022

PE: THE MANIC MIND

I've heard that we are in Mental Health Month, and although I'm not a fan of these designated months, it appears that most of the rest of the world is. With that in mind, here's a piece that fits with the theme. 

Note: Click on the title for audio version (slightly different from written version until I have the chance to re-record)

 The Manic Mind  

05/02/2022

I tried and failed then I tried again

and still there was no fruit..

didn’t I put the seed down deep enough

in ground rich enough

to let these thoughts take root

 

They're down there I know I can feel em

 jockeying for position giving each other the elbow

I'd just be wasting my time

trying to get em all lined up in a row

 

They do their thing you know

giving you a zip one eye-blink and a zap the next

they'll get buck wild witcha

throw shit at you without no context

 

That's what a manic mind will do for you

it's got its valleys it's got its peaks

its desire only dallies though, and

it can be double-barreled when it speaks

 

It spins it whirls does cartwheels on clouds

tap dances on placid lakes.... 

but the heaviness, the heaviness will circle back

no matter how long or short it takes

 

Its "inconvention" is not 

a matter of thoughtful intention

nor an act of will, but I suppose

that's one of the reasons why

they deem the manic mind ill...

yeah that makes sense

 

I mean this is a ride that rollercoasters

with a ferocious cheek-flappin’ frequency 

so when you engage with a mind like that,

it would be a cool thing to

bring a certain level of leniency

 

I'm not saying that's required....or

even that's it's something easy to do

but if you could chances are good

it would benefit the othered

and most likely you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

JUST A FEW POETRY X HUNGER 2023 HIGHLIGHTS

  Note: Please click on photos for enhanced viewing Well, 2023 has been quite the year for Poetry X Hunger and its poets! I don’t have what...