Sunday, May 29, 2022

NEW AUDIOBOOK PROJECT: LIQUID SUNSHINE



I am truly looking forward to producing the audiobook version of Kwantum Peakz's soon-to-be-published Liquid Sunshine poetry collection! I was not accepting audiobook assignments because I have quite a bit on my plate already, but the good folks at Findaway Voices must know me better than I know myself, because they notified me of an audition opportunity anyway.

As I usually do, I took a quick look through the audition request, and was immediately captured. In addition to displaying wonderful poetic craft, and extremely clean prosaic composition, Kwantum Peakz’ introduction to Liquid Sunshine and the first few poems I read exhibited a level of transparent authenticity that I seldom encounter.

I haven’t completed my first read of the collection yet, but the key thing here is that I really want to read this collection and would want to do so even if I was not I was tasked with shining the light of Liquid Sunshine through vocal expression.

We are only at the beginning of the process, but it is a journey I am anticipating with relish, and for any who care, I will be touching on the process and the work from time to time as I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

JUST A FEW POETRY X HUNGER 2023 HIGHLIGHTS

  Note: Please click on photos for enhanced viewing Well, 2023 has been quite the year for Poetry X Hunger and its poets! I don’t have what...