Monday, July 25, 2022

MORE DISCOVERED TREASURE: TERESA E. GALLION & MICHAEL ANTHONY INGRAM

 Note: Please click on photos to enlarge

Teresa appearing QLPOR
I keep stumbling upon fonts (not text fonts, people) of enrichment that I had no idea existed. Today, I happened upon Quintessential Listening: Poetry Online Radio Presents Teresa E. Gallion with Michael Anthony Ingram.

Teresa reading at Tortuga
Gallery 
in Albuquerque,
New Mexico
 
Asked about her definition of poetry, Teresa E. Gallion responded, “Poetry is the song of the inner self, pushing its way into our outer consciousness. It tells the story that it wants to tell in that moment. The story continuously changes as the inner self and soul learns and grows from the experiences of the body that it currently resides in.”

Host Michael Anthony Ingram
I think I got the quote right, but my transcription skills leave something to be desired. Michael Anthony Ingram seems to draw out that very inner self that Teresa mentioned above during their interview.

Teresa in Egypt, 2022
Teresa is still reveling in her experience of a recent trip to Egypt and one of her poems juxtaposes her experience of the Rio Grande and the River Nile. Teresa’s lyrical poetry and reading and Michael’s insightful probing were definite treats! Uncommon wisdom, authenticity…I so enjoy “REAL!” Thanks Teresa. Thank Michael.

Teresa E. Gallion Collections



 


2 comments:

  1. WOW thank you so much T.A. for your kind and gracious words. I am humbled and blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As noted earlier, I am grateful for the enhancement you and Michael provided me yesterday! I know you'll both keep doing what you do!

      Delete

JUST A FEW POETRY X HUNGER 2023 HIGHLIGHTS

  Note: Please click on photos for enhanced viewing Well, 2023 has been quite the year for Poetry X Hunger and its poets! I don’t have what...